French sugar beet diesel in 009...

Another month another project, and with La Meuse coming to an end my mind has turned to other sugar beet locos for a long running pipe dream project...
When the opportunity came to purchase a Roco diesel for an excellent price I took the opportunity and have since been measuring up the Coferna diesel that was used on a sugar beet line in Northern France - the drawings are from Éric Fresne's excellent book - and they have allowed me to make rapid progress - the body will be a 3D printed core with some etched overlays, like my NS2 design. More soon...

Comments

  1. As per the loco preserved at Froissy-Dompierre?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeebus James... You just don't stop! I'm sure it'll be smashing as are all your other locomotives...

    JeffB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making progress on my model of the 009 Coferna diesel...
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jameshilton/media/Coferna_v12_3q.jpg.html
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jameshilton/media/Coferna_v12_r3q.jpg.html
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jameshilton/media/Coferna_v12_u.jpg.html

    This should drop on to a lightly modified Roco feldbahn diesel locomotive with ease...
     
    Obviously there will be detail etches to add (bonnet doors and ends, roof, buffer beams), and I have some steps and rivet/bolt head detail still to add on the chassis. The two bars across the bottom of the chassis are there for support whilst it's printing and will be removed when it's delivered...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.