Bagnall saddle tank in 009: paint finish...

Well the Bagnall has been finished in a Dinorwic style livery with red lining, finished with red coupling rods...
First up I painted the roof and smokebox black, and the buffer beams red. I then added the lining which is from Fox, 0.5mm lines and 0.35mm thick, 1mm radius corners - ideally I'd have used 0.35 everywhere, but I'd run out of straights! I think on this maroon livery that it's passable though and barely noticeable.
I do have some name plates for her - she's going to be called 'ELEANOR' - and I need to get some works plates too... before then though I need to detail paint a few things and touch in the black where I missed a spot or two.
Finally she'll gain a driver and some weathering - before being put to work on the EHLR :)
Currently she's out on running in turns at Maesog with Charlie Insley, at the Lymm Transport festival, if you're in the area pop and say hello to her!

Comments