Quarry Hunslet in 009: detailing...

After a visit this weekend to the Bala Lake Railway, home to a lovely collection of ex-quarry Hunslets, I returned home with renewed enthusiasm and have pushed on with my Brian Madge kit...
I can't remember how much of this has been seen already, but the big changes are the valve gear is now fixed and soldered but I've dropped out the pins that form the piston rods as they were too troublesome. I will look at replacing them with something soon.
The body detailing has progressed with sand pots fitted each side of the saddle tank with operating rods, and handrails fitted. These don't loop round the front of the chimney, I don't like that feature and as I'm doing my own freelance version I figure I can do what I like! I've got a plan for the space under the boiler too, a small piece of dense foam!
I need to order a whistle, smoke box dart and couplings. Then I can finish off these basic details and get the model primed! I think there should be time to finish this along with the Bagnall, Kerr Stuart, rake of Sand Hutton wagons, rec-tank and waste wagon for Creech Bottom before ExpoNG in October! More soon...

Comments