Kerr Stuart Haig in 009: finished...

With a forthcoming exhibition and the desire to have some more locomotives and stock finished I've pushed another engine over the finishing line...
My Kerr Stuart Haig, kit bashed from a Five79 Joffre, is now ready for action - since painting I've added custom etched works plates (with the right works number for the engine that worked at Kerry) and weathered the model using washes, dry brushing and airbrush.
The driver is my usual 'Airfix' source - and is not looking particularly busy... I'm really pleased with how this one has turned out - yes I could have added some rivet detail to the side tanks, and yes I could have used thinner material on the cab roof supports, but overall I think it's captured the look of the prototype well - and the latest Roco H0e steam chassis runs superbly! See it on Creech Bottom at ExpoNG on the 31st October...

Comments