A Davenport in 009...

It seems an age since I fired up Sketchup and did some 3D modelling, but this evening I had a hankering for mocking up something...
A Davenport gas mechanical diesel to be exact. Tracking down a drawing proved exceptionally difficult, I believe the one I am working from to be have been taken from dimensions on the Bachmann model - but it's a good enough start. I am working around a much modified Minitrains Gmeinder chassis.
The body fits nicely on the chassis, and early signs are good. The intention will be to have etched front and back to the cab, with etched doors and roof as well. The bonnet doors will be etched, as will the front grill - and the 'Davenport' on each side of the bonnet. I may also etch the foot boards.
With Andreas of Minitrains announcing an LKM NS2f with outside cranks due for release this year, this 'could' be offered as a kit if there is any interest? The model is being built to 009 (i.e. 00n2) - it won't work in H0n30 on this chassis. More soon...

Comments