Billard T100 in 009: basic paint finished...

After spraying the body colour earlier in the week, this evening I painted the chassis...
I ended up going a washed out maroon colour for the body to contrast with the green Coferna - my thinking was that this is the refinery shunter so had been (poorly) repainted when purchased after the war. For the chassis I chose mid grey, with red buffer beams and black coupling blocks - basic Humbrol enamels applied with a good quality brush. In these close ups you can make out a little of the surface finish of the print in a few places, in the flesh it's not noticable, certainly no worse then the odd rough spot of solder on a brass model, or filled/cracks in a white metal one...
I'll let this harden for a few days but intend to add a pencil thin white line to the buffer beam edges - and then weather it - I want a hard working finish, well worn paint, faded, chipped, leaking oil, dust and debris... More soon...

Comments