Paint shop...

I've finally made a start on moving 'finished' projects through the paint shop after digging out the airbrush last night...
First up was white and red... The Faur L18H has had a fairly dilute dusting of matt white. This will provide a better primer coat for the yellow, as well as providing a 'faded' white stripe along the centre of the locomotive - and possible the wasp striped buffer beams (although I'm already wishing I'd left of the details! - that might need to be hand painted and then heavily weathered!). The roof and bonnet top, as well as the chassis will be dark grey. I will use red lining transfers to represent the red pin striping either side of the white line.
Then I moved onto the Billard T100 - this has had the body and cab painted with matt red wine, a Humbrol colour that looks great as a faded maroon. The chassis will be a dark grey/black colour and it will be dirty, with oil leaking out from the panels and lots of dust on the foot plate. I'll dry brush gun metal on handles and step edges too to represent chipped and polished metal.
The Hudswell chassis has been painted in the same matt red wine colour - this required stipping down the model. The tanks and cab will be painted green, then buffer beams yellow (at he same time as the Faur is painted), then masked up for striping. I will probably hand paint the smokebox and boiler in black - and pull all the finishes together with some dull-cote. It will have a yellow number on the cab side, but I haven't decided yet if it will have yellow lining... we'll see...
More soon...

Comments