Tank engine progress...

Sirdar and Porthgain are stepping closer to completion...

Here you can see the pair looking almost finished - but it's always the finishing touches and weathering that take more time than you imagine.
First up Porthgain, which has had all the lining completed now. I've also drawn up the artwork for the nameplates so these are on order through Narrow Planet. You'll also notice the driver has been painted and fitted in the cab - this is the driver that comes with the Brian Madge Hunslet and it s a perfect fit, as well as his weight being useful to balance out the white metal front cylinders.
You'll also notice my usual RT Models details adorning footplate and tank tops - oil can and bucket on one side and a jack on the other. Last big job is to fit a little weight and then coal in the bunker. Then the details need blending in  before weathering, glazing and then sealing with dull-cote.
Sirdar has been painted green - note a different shade to Porthgain (less green, more olive) but richer than the green used on my Haig. The buffer beams have been picked out in red and copper and brass work picked out as well. The crew figure is just indicative at the moment - I intend to fit a drive in a more casual pose to disguise the motor a little. This model will only sport works plates, although I was pondering fitting some grey/red lining - I think I'll keep it plain though...
This is not a small model - it's built to scale which shows in the top image just how small my usual 'compressed' look is for 009 - my Bagnall IST and Rheneas are both built to the same loading gauge as Porthgain so they have a sort of family look.... so I may well sell Sirdar for the right offer! We'll see...
More soon...

Comments

  1. Both look great James! The Sirdar looks great, I agree, it doesn't need lining. I'd best start saving...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.