Ruston Proctor in 009: 3D designed core...

My Ruston Proctor project made some more progress, I've really made some progress, and it's looking really promising...
The photo above shows the current state of play, the rivets are added to parts of the chassis, the axle boxes are included and I've finished the bonnet centre panel and chimney.

At first I tried spacing the axle boxes to match the wheel position on the donor Busch chassis, however it doesn't look great, and isn't centred around the flywheel casing...
 So I ended up with prototypical axle spacing - but wheels not in line, which in this scale I think will be acceptable, especially as the model will be tiny, and well detailed - the open cab gives loads of opportunity...
So next up is to finish off detailing the chassis, add a few other details to the bonnet and then order a test print. More soon...

Comments