Porter in 009: detail painting...

Well I gave the satin black a few days to dry and it is looking good so I've been detail paining (by hand) the rest of the locomotive...
The smokebox and stack were painted with a mix of Humbrol 53 (gun metal) and 33 (matt black). This gives a nice contrast to the rest of the locomotive, otherwise black models can be a little boring. The foot boards are picked out in Humbol 64 (matt mid grey) and will be dry brushed in 98 (matt chocolate). The window frames were picked out in 100 (matt red orange), to provide some contrast to the cab sides. The whistle and bell are unpainted brass castings and look superb. I picked these up through Model-Junction in the UK, they are Cal-scale items from the Walthers catalog, as is the headlight.
I've re-drawn some custom graphics for this model, based upon those applied to the Davenport. This time they will be in white, with the number '5', and John at Precision Labels is as usual providing excellent customer service and a quality product. I'll share more once they're applied and sealed - and then I can get weathering! More soon...

Comments