Heywood tank in 006.5: few details...

A few steps closer with just an hour or so's effort over the weekend, my Heywood 0-4-0t now sports a few more details...
It's interesting to compare with my original sketch, that shows the planned model. I've swapped the Hunslet chimney for a N-brass one that better matched the prototype, but otherwise, so far, it's as I planned. The new items are the smokebox door handle which is a short Eileen's Emporium handrail knob, a N-brass whistle and the curved handrail at the back of the cab, which is from 0.7mm brass wire. The etched items are drawn up, but I do need to add a few things to them - the name plates, the works plates and a rear plate/seat, this week.

I tool the chance to do some table top running! It's lovely to see these cute little engines slowly making their way around my circle of track - and I took the opportunity to pose my two steam engines to compare their sizes... the Hunslet is a 'reduced' 18" design, so obviously a little bigger in all dimensions (as well as having a roof!). The Heywood is, believe it or not, pretty much bang on to scale! Tiny!
So the next job is to fit the etched parts, and then I can start to look at things like custom transfer design for the lining! It's a challenging little project that I've enjoyed being a real distraction from the larger (!! - still small) 009 modelling I do... More soon...

Comments

  1. Hi James, please can advise where you get your custom etching done.

    Thanks In Advance

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geoff - I get it done through Narrow Planet. E mail them for custom work. orders AT narrowplanet dot co dot uk.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.