Hudson Hunslet in 009: primed...

It has been an absolute age but the Hudson Hunslet is back on the workbench for finishing. My last post on the subject was in December... 2015!!!...
This TINY little model, designed by Narrow Planet's Mark Greenwood is a delight. I had trouble with getting consistent performance from my chassis, and as co-NP member I asked Mark to take a look and see if I'd done anything wrong - he ended up replacing the motor for me as mine was duff, and it is infinitely better - mind still very light on it's wheels! I reall must see if I can add a little more weight somewhere!
So with that in mind, I got around to giving it a good test the other week which spurred me on to finish off the details on the body. I added the bonnet handles from the supplied 0.35mm wire, and also one of the cabs - I was in two minds about this but decided in the end that the roof added a certain rugged character, and when you put it next to other stock, actually makes it look even tinier!
Also on the workbench is a locomotive destined for an important supporter of EuroNG and Narrow Planet. I don't build engines and models for other people as a rule, but I've made an exception this time. The Jung Cn2t will be finished in unlined green with a black boiler and metal banding in ex-works condition before winging it's way to Germany...
The final thing in the spray booth was the engine shed. I have sealed the tiles with primer, which will give the paint a good key, as well as showing up one or two imperfections I need to address.

More soon...

Comments