Lyd2 in 009: details and primer...

I'm in the process of going through old models as I tidy up my study, and I have dug out my old Eastern European projects - the most impressive of these is the Faur Lyd2...
This model has been in the making for a few years - and I'd love to finish it as it performs beautifully with the precision engineered hand built chassis. With that in mind I've pushed on with an hour or so's modelling this evening. The hand rails and door handles are 0.4mm wire - and I've added the compressed air tanks and pipework under the footplate. 
The primer then has pulled all the different materials together (as it usually does!) - the Worsley Works etches are great, the headlights are 3D printed to my design - and then various wire and plastic details...
It's quite an imposing model isn't it! I can't wait to get some colour upon it. I'm glad I took the time to smooth out the buffer beams as this will make it easier to paint them. The problem I have now is what colour to paint it... I'm 50/50 on the blue with white strip or red with yellow stripe...
So at long last it's on the home straight... all that it'll need then is a small layout!! More soon...

Comments

  1. It's simply fantastic! Paint it blue, it's classic;) can't wait for You to finish the job! Congrats on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.