Heywood tank in 006.5: transfers arrived...

Well I've been quiet for a few weeks, with good reason... a mountainbiking holiday followed by moving house have meant that modelling has taken a back seat - but I can share an exciting development...
Firstly, a few gratuitous photos of the Heywood tank with an equally small (for 009) Black Hawthorn I completed earlier in the year. This shows really just how teeny this Heywood locomotive is, but still something full of character - and the figure, a Hornby train driver, looks well (despite having his legs amputated!) in proportion with the small tank engine. I modified and painted him whilst on holiday at my Mum's house in Pembrokeshire a few weeks ago.
The bigger news is the transfers have arrived!!! As I designed the model in 3D, this meant I could easily draw up accurate and sized transfers for the cylinders, side tanks, buffer beams and rear seat (that's on a revised etch that is still to arrive, along with name and works plates). These are straw edged with a maroon line down the centre, and are incredibly fine and in some cases tiny. They were produced by John at Precision Labels using artwork I prepared myself on 'Graphic' on my Mac. I'm ordering some suitable paint for the bodywork, and then I can get excited about getting them fitted!

Hopefully I can share more soon... and plans are afoot to start the small micro layout over the summer as I move in and settle in North Wales...

Comments