Porter 0-6-0st in 009: decals added...

The Minitrains Porter 0-6-0 is a lovely cute model, but the cab was a let down for me - so I drew up a replacement in Sketchup and had it printed by Shapeways...
This turned up the other week (see my earlier post) but now I've painted and fitted it - as well as modifying the other parts of the locomotive too. The cab was painted with Humbrol 72, and then when dry I used Games Workshop Agrax Earthshade wash. The locomotive saddle tank was painted with Humbrol 85, and once I'd fitted the extended smokebox, this, and the chimney were painted in a mix of Humbrol 33 and 53.
The transfers were left over from my earlier Porter - I had other numbers done at the time - although not the number 7 I thought, so I've used 3. That means I've modelled 3, 5 and 6 - all fictitious as the real DYMCo only had 1-4 and they were all small 0-4-0st models.
I have also fitted an etched brass number to the front of the smokebox, again left over from my previous work on a Porter in 009, using the Koala Creek parts from Shapeways and the Minitrains Krauss chassis.
So what next? I need to try and fit the sand pipes, and then a light weathering, seal with dull-cote and then fit some glazing in the cab windows... possibly a crew too!
Next up, I really must make some headway with suitable rolling stock! More soon...

Comments