Third time lucky...

This model of mundane 37013 in 1998 condition pretty much sums up my re-birth into the hobby. I started her back in February 2008 with just a 'simple' respray as the livery wasn't available RTR and I fancied a more involved project.

Back then I'd just purchased a Badger 200 airbrush and got a great finish on the blue and with the faded varnish. Over time I added buffer beam details and light weathering and considered her finished (for the first time).
However as is often the case with my modelling projects as I improved my skills elsewhere I found myself wanting to improve the model further. This first re-visit involved slicing off the sideframes to narrow the bogies and adding the brake actuation chain - two modifications at the time (early 2009) I was particularly proud of!
So that brings us to more recent times and 37013 has literally been on my workbench for the past 3 months getting a second re-visit to add finer details, improve the weathering and lift the overall finish. I hope to document more of these improvements soon - in the meantime there is more specific detail in my Paxton Road Workbench (links on the top right).
 
So is she finished now then? What do you think!
I think that last photo has a real sense of realism for me, a hazy summer day, with bright light and defined shadows in the sidings at Paxton Yard (my photo plank).

Comments

  1. Wow... very impressed with this. I'm very tempted by a Mainline 37 but don't wish to pay the money Bachmann want for it. Tempted to have a go at a respray project myself. This is certainly pushing the buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.