Gamecock in 009: pickups and details...

So it feels like the home straight now with the Peckett...
Here you can see I've added the details to the first side (the other side is still waiting). This included a balance pipe, injectors and clack valve, sandbox actuator lever and sandbox and toolbox.
What you can't see in these photos is the pick ups are now fitted! The model has been gently running in and performing absolutely beautifully on my test track. I can't get over how well it runs, considering I built it! It's got enough weight to run very nicely indeed, and the performance is superb from a miniscule crawl to a respectable turn of speed for a small narrow gauge saddle tank (i.e. quite sedate really!).
So what next? Finishing off the second side, deciding on whether it needs the buffing blocks, fitting couplings and then painting! More soon...

Comments

  1. Just starting out with this kit, James. Really appreciate having your excellent blog as I suspect it will give me a really good idea of what I should be doing!
    Many thanks,
    Pete

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.