Gamecock in 009: more progress...

I'm made a little more progress on the Peckett, small things that have begun to add real character now...
The buffer beams are now fitted with their half etched overlays, these are soldered along their edges and cleaned up to give a nice neat edge and look great.
I have also added the cab handrails - with the holes in the foot plate and the design of the cab etch these were a breeze to fit - great design in the kit. You can also see the brake bulge in the rear of the cab, a 3D printed part, now fitted. The chimney and dome have also been fettled and fitted. I did ponder keeping the dome seperate until painting but I wanted to reduce the visual impact around the base next to the saddle tank so figured thick superglue painted at the time of the rest would be best - I'll either mask it or pick it out in paint afterwards.
Just about visible here is a slight gap between cab and saddle tank - I've fettle the fit, I suspect I have something slightly out of position now, so will 'fudge' with a sliver of plasticard to visually fill the gap.
More soon...

Comments