Overcast but still the sun shines...

It seems an age since I made the drive down to Paxton Road, what with the myriad of modelling projects on my workbench at home - including two P4 layouts! However with DBS 37/4's being on their death bed it was worth making the effort when I heard on the gen that the weekly Didcot MOD trip might show up something special...
I wasn't dissappointed! 37411, still in EWS looking pretty tatty and sporting it's Keith David Hilton plates!
Just the usual two vans and I grabbed a few snaps as she ended up doing the shunting herself since DBS got rid of the shunter at Paxton Road last year.
Nothing like a tractor is their! However it's funny isn't it, with the introduction of the Freightliner GE Class 70s somehow the GM Class 66s take on a utilitarian charm (same with all their US products too! GE in my opinion have always been ugly, whereas the GM GP and SD series always have a chunky familiar appeal).



Flight of fancy aside... progress on Paxton Road has been slow - but then massively rapid after I attended DEMU Showcase last weekend. I've planted the warehouse, glued down some grass, painted the track and ballasted the yard... These photos were taken showing that power has been fitted and works - check out the lights in the last photo! The backscene and sky have been added in Photoshop!

Comments