Fenced in and the grass grows...

09007 caught between shunting at Paxton Road this afternoon...

That's my favourite photo of my favourite loco so far on this layout journey. It's a modified Bachmann 09 that's been featured in Model Rail (December 2009). You can also see I've aquired some Woodland Scenics 'fine green foliage' from Hobbycraft (but I can recommend Nairnshire Modelling Supplies as a very satisfied customer over the past 12 months or so!)

I've been progressing the warehouse area of the layout in the last fortnight focusing on getting the fence fitted and 'bedding it in'...

This is simple a Knightwing injection moulded plastic security fence that has had it's pips removed, glued together and dusted over with a white primer to give a patchy look as per the real galvanised steel. It's planted with PVA into the baseboard and then I've used static grass tufts (two colour, spring) from International Models and Woodland Scenics foliage (medium green) to blend it into the existing ground finish. I'm happy with how it's coming - but I'm in need of some more Silflor gras-mat for the front embankment before I can finish this aspect of the layout.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.