Primed and ready...

Well this evening I progressed a lot of the fine detail on the Schoema to the point where I felt I could apply primer...

So I did! The primer is Halfords plastic primer - I know some swear by etch primer and the like but I've never had a problem with paint adherance with the Halfords stuff with the minimal handling I give my models so hopefully two coats of this will do the job and give a good base for further painting.

So I said I've added more details... can you spot them? I've fitted a horn to the cab front (an A1 models turned bras example), I've added two vents to the bonnet top (the buffers from the Kato tram chassis) and an exhaust stack (just a piece of plastic-rod). On the chassis I added the filler covers to the sandboxes (plastic-rod again), some 0.45mm wire to replicate what I could make out in photos of the real engine between the brake cylinders and the various holes in the frame, and I also added a few small details from parts in my 'bits box'.

I also sprayed the 'Wasp' - and this has really transformed the model - she's looking ready for more painting - just a small rough spot on the roof I want to address before a second coat of primer.

So as for finished colours, I think Wasp will be green with wasp stripe ends (as per the prototype really) whereas the Schoema might be maroon with white/black/white stripes.

More soon...

Comments