Lyd2 in 009: bodywork takes shape...

I've been distracted from 009 modelling for a number of weeks as my G-scale O&K diesel takes shape, but tonight I fancied digging out the soldering iron...
I was surprised, yet again, just how quickly one of Allen (at Worsley Works) kits goes together! This is the result of an hour and a half modelling time - that includes cutting parts out, removing tabs and cleaning them up, bending and folding and soldering.
You don't need fancy tools either - the parts fit well and I use a pair of small snips (to remove parts from the fret), a needle file or two to clean up the edges, and to file the smooth round corners onto the bonnet after soldering, a hold and fold (an extravagance but it makes a big difference to getting a sharp bend on parts like the cab, especially where the fold is close to a window), a 25W Antex soldering iron and 145deg Low melt solder and Carrs Green Flux.
So I'm pretty happy if I'm honest - I will be building up the chassis parts next, ahead of the custom designed chassis from Stuart Brewer, but, like the Schoema, I'll have to leave the cab roof off until after painting if I want to fit an interior.

Comments

  1. Looks good. Which size hold and fold do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just the bug, it's about 40mm square.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.