Romanian Draisine in 009: chassis modified...

Combine one Kato tram chassis and one Oxford Diecast VW camper van and a plan is hatched...

The VW disassembles with just one screw so that was easy, and the tram chassis rear bogie prised off easily too. I have fitted a Parkside Dundas wagon wheel in a plastic tube so that it has the prototypes inside bearings. I then fabricated the drive shaft. I have begun cutting down the interior but I think apart from the dash I might scratchbuild the rest. A fair way to go but it's showing a lot of promise already!


Comments

  1. That's a neat set up on the back axle - I might have to borrow that idea to produce a Statfold-esque Landrover.
    Are you planning on adding pick-ups on the rear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite possibly, I have some phospher bronze strip I could add as wipers to the rear wheel tyres. I need to fabricate an interior and the cow catcher buffers next - and file off the pin points with my mini drill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Axles can be shortened with a hand file, less noise and mess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.