Dawson Creek progress...

My North American themed 2ft gauge 1:76 scale project has been progressing at a snails pace this year for various reasons but two recent deliveries have spurred on progress...
The first was a Minitrains Krauss chassis that I could fit to my Koala Creek steel cabbed Porter saddle tank. This is quite a large locomotive compared to many British engines, and the design of the print is very neat. I've fitted some brass parts from Cal-scale and have a white metal headlight and brass handrail to add along with sand pipes before printing.
The second arrival was a set of custom Detroit and Yukon Mining Co. transfers from Precision Labels. I designed them in Graphic on my Mac and then sent the file to John who printed them on transfer paper using his Alps printer in a lemon colour. They look great on the black of the Davenport diesel. Since these photos were taken I have applied Micro-sol which has made the backing almost invisible. 
Plans for the layout are a little stalled so I intend to build a small engine shed / workshop and bunk house - modelling US outline buildings will be a new experience for me, and quite interesting. More soon...

Comments