Creech Grange in 006.5: ballast finished...

My micro 006.5 layout now officially called 'Creech Grange' has it's first exhibition invite (despite being tiny) and I'd better get on and finish it!
The exhibition in question is my favourite narrow gauge show, the annual ExpoNG in Swanley, Kent. I've been numerous times and combined with a day out at Bredgar on the Sunday, always have a lovely time. This year I hope to enjoy talking with people about the concept of this scale/gauge combination and share some of my passion and excitement for what Busch have made possible with their feldbahn range!
So over the past few weeks I've been making progress on the basics - and now the layout sports a full complement of painted sleepers, rails, track ballast, platform covering and some earth in the yard. Trackwork was painted with Humbrol enamels and the ballast completed in the usual manner using Woodland Scenics products. Ask me any questions if you want to know more...
The Gaugemaster W seen in the first photo has also been temporarily wired up for testing - and seems to work well, with a lower voltage AC adaptor feeding 0-6V (IIRC) giving me a useful low range of DC voltages suitable for the Busch mechanisms. The ability to get these engines to start from a slow crawl is wonderful - and a vast improvement on the on/off controller provided in the starter sets. More soon as I really do need to get on with the scenic work now!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.