Kerr Stuart Haig in 009...

After Rainhill when Ben Powell brought along his Haig to run on Creech Bottom I decided I wanted my own example...
Ben had used a Fleischmann chassis but I chose to source a new Roco Feldbahn one, as it's designed for the Five79 Joffre body kit I was using. So far I have assembled the basic body, which is cut down and modified from the standard white metal kit. The panels on each side we're removed along with the cab top sides. The tanks have a different profile which was a mixture of cutting away and adding in with 40thou plasticard. Smoothed with Squadron white putty and fine wet and dry paper. The chassis has the cast weight removed and the cylinders cut from their web to fit the front buffer beam. The cab floor was modified to fit the later motor and the tabs cut off the rear to fit neatly underneath. In the open cab you can see I've begun to add a firebox from an old white metal casting I found in my bits box.
Next up I'll start adding the bunkers and detail in the cab an work out how to fabricate the roof and angled metal supports. More soon...

Comments