Gamecock in 009: bodywork...

As I predicted the bodywork has followed swiftly on the Peckett. I made a start with the cab...
This has a structural inner piece and half etched overlays. I started by soldering on the front piece, and then added the sides being careful to get a nice tight joint where they met. I then ensured it was all square and flooded the back inside with solder securing the edge, but without making a mess of the half etched rivets.
This was then secured to the chassis, the coal bunker and cab details fitted, then the cab rear fabricated and fitted... Then the springs, then the saddle tank support and then folding the front edge - this seemed to me to be a more logical order than suggested in the kit. I've then test fitted the white metal castings to get the first feel for the size and proportions of the finished model. I'm excited about getting this finished now!

More soon...

Comments