Gamecock in 009: flycranks fitted...

I've recently moved house hence the raid silence but this weekend is the third in the new place and I finally feel organised enough to dig out some modelling...
The Small Run Batch Peckett has been waiting for a bit more work for a few months now. Today I dug out the soldering iron and files and set to work making and fitting the flycranks. I differed from the instructions a little. I assembled the etched with wooden skewers as suggested and that was relatively straight forward. I reamed them out to fit the axles. I also fitted the crankpin screws, soldered them in place and filed them back flush before removing from the fret.
The instructions suggest fitting them with retaining compound, I opted for low melt solder and with the cranks in place all still seems ok. Next up will be fitting the motor so I can test it in anger. More soon...

Comments