Kerr Stuarts at Creech Bottom...

It's funny, as you 'collect' new items of rolling stock how much escapes the camera, I've had some of these items for a while but because last time I did a proper photo shoot on Creech Bottom was last summer they'd missed being featured on the layout...
I'll be at the 'Great and small' event at Dinas on the WHR in September, so I thought I'd better check the layout over - and it was a good opportunity to 'test' a few of the newer items out.
Sirdar looks great, just waiting works plates and then some grime - but here, in black and white, you can see the rivets - so I feel it was worth it!
Here is sister Haig - this was built for ExpoNG last year but disgraced itself - it turned out to have a bit of grit in the gear train and that was jamming things up - so now it's a good performer. Posed here at the quarry, it shows how 'big' Sirdar really is...
Finally my Bagnall, this too was running at ExpoNG but I didn't get any decent photographs. I'm still undecided on the livery and naming (or not) but it looks nice now it's been weathered at the head of a workman's train in the station.
I've got a few other 'new' items to debut on the layout - but that can wait for another day. It performed well. I'm just pondering whether to fit Caboose Industries throws for more positive point changing. We'll see, I might blu tak one down and see if they add to much visual clutter...
More soon...

Comments