A little progress on a lot...

33108 has visited Paxton Yard now that the ballast is firmly glued down and the grass has begun to grow - the photo plank is finished and looks great!


On my other layout, Paxton Road, progress at the warehouse continues slowly - this week the erection of the security fencing. This is Knightwing plastic and goes together quite quickly. This will be painted with grey/silver and the yard will be weathered and scenic'd before it is fixed in place.

I've also finished my rake of PNAs - these are modified Bachmann models with S-kits Brunninghaus springs added to the chassis and then weathered - largely with Humbrol 98 washes and some black powder on the chassis. The interior was the last to be finished and this is 98 and 100 on the sides, with a little added to the seams on the floor - and then whilst wet 64 stippled into represent the tide mark from loading. The finishing touch is some granite ballast added to represent where the mechanical grab has failed to unload the wagon completely.


Finally here's a shot of my pair of 37/4s which I've been enjoying running the last week or so and that have been the subject to a little dusting of dirt using my new airbrush over the existing washes and powders.

Next up on the 'to do' list for the layout is to progress the overbridge - but then I've also got a Bachmann 66 mega build, a P4 etched brass kit to finish off and my Rose Hill project! As RMWeb is working really well at the moment more frequent updates can be found on there - check the links on the right hand side of this blog (the RSS feeds of my blogs on there).

Comments