Lyd2 in 009: rolling chassis...

We'll kick off todays blog with a photo from the excellent 'Karpackie kolejkl lesne' that I got for Christmas. I love the look of Eastern European narrow gauge lines, and isn't this photo of a Lyd2 in Romania just amazing, track completely hidden by a blanket of grass and yellow flowers, and the local people and a dog... wonderful...

Anyway, back to the modelling, I conquered another fear this evening...

The Stuart Brewer custom nickel silver chassis for the Worsley Works 009 Lyd2 diesel is my first etched chassis construction for nearly twenty years. My last experience was far from satisfactory.


I have an almost level chassis on first assembly and it rolls nicely. The KBscale plastic centred wheels mean I need to get them aligned properly when I set the back to back properly as they're a touch wonky and I suspect that is what is making it slightly off level.
I also assembled Stuart's own gearbox design with no problem. I'm now waiting on some Loctite 603 so I can fix the worm, flywheel and outside cranks.
In this last shot you get some idea of how much a giant this engine is on 009 track!

Comments