Sirdar in 009: ready for weathering...

I've wafted a coat of Testors Dull-cote over my Sirdar so it's now ready for a light weathering. Despite the chimney being the wrong shape, I feel it's a decent size and height vs the prototype so for now it's a happy comprimise...
These photos show the quality of finish - but it's a bugger to photo the rivets. They are visible in the flesh, because I've gently buffed the surface and added some sheen to the side tanks which has hilighted them nicely.
You'll note the well dressed man on the footplate - he's the railway manager along for a ride down the line...
...really he's doing a job of hiding the flywheel and motor :)
So I'm happy with how it's turned out and it would be great to compare it to the 3D printed prototype that was floating about the Narrow Planet stand a few years ago, and to Tony P's Diana (if you are a member on NGRM you'll know what I mean). More soon...

Comments