Canal Street Wharf: a wall...

Today I've added the wall to the rear of the yard, this is an important scenic feature as it separates the two sides and gives a very different feel to the wharf, compared to the countryside...
The plan is a small copse of trees behind this wall that will further visually separate the layout. Anyway, around a core of 1.5mm styrene I used Slaters 4mm English bond brickwork, and added a stepped feature to the base of the wall. On the other side there are some abutments. This was then painted over with a thinned mortar mix and when nearly dry wiped off with a cloth moistened in white spirit. Once dry, I drybrushed Humbrol 70 over the surface. The same was done to the office base too...
To plant on the layout I added some scenic basing glue to the base, and then blended in with flock and static grass, taking the opportunity to add a few weeds in the yard as well. More soon...

Comments

  1. Is there enough clearance between the wall and shed and the std gauge siding? I know the siding won't be in use, but that wall looks awfully close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colin, thanks for the comment. Yes there is still clearance, the ground drops a little behind the back rail so from the angle the photo is taken from gives the impression that there isn't enough space.

      Delete
  2. I do like this project - simple but very effective with some fantastic modelling. Very inspiring too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Woody, thanks! I'm glad others are enjoying it, it's intended to be a pleasant distraction for me this Christmas.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.