Hungarian forestry diesel in 009: etch arrives...

The etched nickel silver parts for my forestry diesel arrived this week and I've begun to put them together...
This kit is a marriage of 3D and etch artwork and it's awesome to find the parts for first time! I'm particularly pleased with the fit of the doors, the window in the 3D print is a touch smaller so it represents the wooden drop frame.
The hinges and panels on the bonnet are good and the front panel was a perfect fit too! Just got the fiddly window frames to fit before a waft of primer and I can fabricate a radiator to fit along with some rain strips... More soon...

Comments

  1. Hi James,

    I really enjoy your way to use 3D printed bodies with etched parts on it. That results into very realisitc models with good surfaces too. If I had a possibility for etching, I would use this techinque too for some of my new models.

    Keep up your good work. Meanwhile I did some good progress on my layout and once it's done, I'll start to tune my Hon30 logging rolling stock.

    Gerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerd, I draw my own models and artwork, but I get Shapeways to print, and Narrow Planet to etch my designs, so give it a go! I look forward to seeing more progress on your own, very characterful, railway :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.