Tribute to a Bagnall wing tank...

So I've finally caved and started scratch building a copy of Tim's Bagnall Wing-tank, not an exact copy mind, more an inspiration...

Tim's original Bagnall inspired 'inverted saddle' / wing tank! Any ideas on the source of the dome?!
When Tim visited the other night I measured up his model so I could match the general proportions, and have started with the Minitrains Krauss chassis as the running gear. Tim's model is very low slung so I chopped the valve chest off the cylinder blocks and cut down the cross head sliders mounting. 
My copy, totally scratch so far (bar the excellent Minitrains chassis)...
The footplate is a piece of 60thou plasticard for strength. I cut out the holes for the chassis carefully using a drill but in the corners and then a sharp chisel blade. The boiler is 9.5mm styrene tube and the cab and tank are 40thou plasticard. I have made a start on the spectacles too but these need opening out to 3.5mm for the RT Models spectacles I'll use. 
In the coming days there will be news of another Minitrains based project on my bench so watch this space. More soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.