More scribbling from my notebook...

I did suggest that my scribblings weren't over and I was right. The visit to Ellesmere Port last week has fuelled the energy behind this small project and I've found some more inspiration for the other end of the layout. This includes some large stone blocks to stop vehicle access to the right, and the security building / entrance office from the docks as well. I've also got a better idea of road layout, finish, curb stones and iron work and where signs will work (and won't) - so all in all a worth while evening.


and here is a better sketch of the proposed (simple) track layout. The idea will be the scenic section can live indoors on my bookshelf - and when I want more involved operating it will slot into a more substantial structure with cassettes to the left and a sector plate on the right. Also note the chain link fence along the front edge will have an angled gate - and the inlaid track will pass under this slightly. The baseboard will have a matt white backscene (I think) with perhaps a touch of grey towards the top. The shed will hide the exit for the back track. The front track is more of an issue, not thought that one through yet. The right hand side the hedgerow and small building disguise the exits. I guess the alternative is that the backscene doesn't frame the layout at each end? Hmmm - a little more thought and perhaps some sketches with a more construction nature.

It's exciting - but does seem to be taking over at the moment. I'm worried about loosing momentum with Rose Hill (I can't loose momentum on Paxton Road as that's stopped! - at least until the weather warms up and I can get out in the garage again!). At least this one seems to be moving somewhere and it feels like Paxton Road did (does) in that it's something I want to build, freelance but based on reality, achievable and most importantly as it's P4, doesn't require a huge stock investment - plus I'd never dream of using Paxton Road stock on the layout - that's a money saver for a start!


Comments