It's all in the detail...

Well Meadow Lane is go - so to speak and over the past week or so I've been abusing the credit card (again). In the last sketch I showed some extra details - this was inspired by finding some Preiser detailing kits. I was struggling to find these in the UK and nearly ordered from Germany until I checked the Gaugemaster website - and they came to the rescue! This Preiser stuff is well worth checking out if you need some fine details, expensive (£3.50 a kit) but worth it www.gaugemaster.com
Here you can see 18355 (Lathe and pillar drill), 18356 (Tools, tool chest, bench vice and grinding wheels) and 18364 (Generator set and welding equipment).




I've also been buying other details and find that Nigel Burkin's shop at Nairnshire Modelling Supplies to be excellent - well stocked and excellent service.
I've picked up some more detailing parts and also baseboard alignment dowels.
Very finely cast and a lot cheaper then the competition.
Then here we have some more details for Meadow Lane from S-kits. Firstly the etched brass catwalk for a Bachmann TTA. This is also fitted to Mobil ones, and bitumen tanks, and when painted is very effective. You need a hold and fold to put it together though (luckily I picked one up for when my Judith Edge Sentinel arrives).


I also picked up some manhole covers, a small pallet truck and some gas bottles for the workshop.




All this stuff has gone in the parts box - as before I do anything else I want to prove to myself I can build this etched brass kit, otherwise it could all be used in vein! Comments, questions or encouragement welcomed! Thanks for reading.

Comments