The MOD warehouse is planted...

I've got Paxton Road off the wall at the moment to progress some of the scenic work on the layout. I got all creative, and I love this shot - I can't wait to recreate it with a full blue sky background! The BMX needs pedals though really!

37013 is my favourite tractor - probably because I repainted it myself. It's currently on the workbench for an underframe work over (beefed up brake cylinders, finer brake chain, fuel tank detailing, new buffers and thinned down MU cable) so was an easy choice to pose for a few shots.
I've treated all the rail surfaces where the track is painted and ballasted with Carr's Steel Blackening fluid to good effect. It's not taken 100% everywhere - but in my opinion is a big improvement! It's taken away that yellow gold shine to the rail surface and we'll see how it tarnishes compared to the natural Nickel Silver.

So the MOD warehouse is now placed on the layout so I can begin to bed it in. The track in this area has finally been painted. Originally this area was going to be track laid into a road surface with an unloading crane - but I mocked it up and visually it didn't work - it became too cluttered. So this area is going to become the same finish as the rest of the track seperated with a security fence.
All this OO work though has made me miss my P4 projects. No matter how good the scenery gets it never will never look as right as P4 does! I can't wait to build my scenic operating diarama, Meadow Lane, this summer.

Comments