A tiny slice of Syldavia...

Hands up if you like Tintin? I do, in fact I'd go further than like, I really really like the adventures, the story lines and the artwork...

Those familiar with the stories of Hergé will also recognise 'Syldavia' as Balkan state quite often referenced in the stories. So a fictitious place, with a history based on many 'states' of the region, and an opportunity to build a micro-layout home for the Lyd2 and to practice some modelling skills?

So inspired by photos like this on the Tabor website (a wonderful Polish resource with English translation: http://www.tabor.wask.pl/?&lang=en) and wanting something industrial, worn out and Eastern European looking I took to the sketchbook...
Regular readers of this blog will know I have more ideas than actual activity, and there is a UK based preservation era layout in the planning stages with my good friend Tim, but this 'micro' would give me an excuse to use my more European stock in a more realistic environment, and play to my love of overgrown sidings and track...

Comments

  1. Surely it should be a moon rocket launching facility?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps that would be more apt! Not quite as gritty and industrial as I had in mind though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.