Lyd2 in 009: body kit arrives...

My Worsley Works body kit for the Lyd2 diesel hydraulic locomotive has arrived...
Typically well packaged between some corrugated cardboard, and delivered in under 2 days you can't say fairer than that - plus Allen accepts Paypal if you email him and ask for a price - there is a small surcharge but for the ease of use and avoidance of having to wait for a cheque to clear it's a price I am willing to pay.

So what do you get for your £22 plus P+P? Two small sheets of etched materials, and no instructions. Having built Allen's kits before I think I can see how most of this is going to go together. I tend to spend an evening pondering all the parts before I dig out the soldering iron.
When researching the model I was wondering how big it would be against my other 009 items, so here are a few snaps to illustrate. First up the Worsley Works IOM Schoema diesel. This is another engine that's quite large for 009, it's the same width as the Lyd2, a touch shorter in length (see above) and a touch lower in height (see below). The 200hp 2 axle engine I suspect will be dwarfed then, by the 300hp Lyd2.
The La Meuse 2-6-0t steam engine from the Neil Sayer kit is a similar overall width, I'm not sure about the height yet, but it is substantially shorter...
Finally, I found it interesting that the SAR DZ wagons (resin kits from Boston Largs) are quite a bit narrower. This raises, at least in my mind, some interesting questions about what stock to produce to go with the Lyd2... I had pondered on some larger gondolas and build a Eastern European inspired industrial diarama - we'll see... Hopefully the wheels and motor (and other small parts) will be here from KB scale next week, and the chassis bits before Christmas.

Comments