VofR No.10: breaking cover...

Allen at Worsley Works has recently released a scratch-aid kit for the Vale of Rheidol railway's Baguley Drewry diesel, number 10...
This is in typical WW style, no instructions but some cleanly etched parts - and it looks very straight forward. Included is a chassis plate designed to take the Graham Farish Class 08 shunter chassis, so I've aquired one of those through the ubiquitous auction site as well.
The main etches include a chassis plate but Allen also supplies a correction etch, as I understand the original was about 1mm too narrow due to an error in dimensioning based on the cab front, rather than cab rear, so it didn't include any space for the sides. A neat correction though!
The prototype is boxy and utilitarian but I like it - and I'll finish mine in the same livery, although it may well be numbered No.5 as my 5th 009 model. One thing I'm less happy with is the chunky etching for the radiator grill...
As can be seen in this prototype comparison, the real one is very different. I have asked a friend if he'll help with a custom etch, and I've also ordered some mesh from Eileen's Emporium to see if it could be suitable. At least it looks straight forward to replace. I hope to start construction alongside Lyd2 and La Meuse so expect some progress soon...

Comments