Hungarian forestry diesel in 009: details...

The Hungarian NS3 diesel I'm building for the 2014 Dave Brewer challenge (at ExpoNG) has taken one step further to completion this evening...
I have spent my time with a 0.45 and 0.9mm twist drill, as well as some broaches, to fit a variety of handles, handrails and details that also include an air filter (a Graham Farish 08 buffer) and exhaust (1.6mm brass rod).
At the front end I have also added some headlights. These are lost wax brass castings that Dad bought many years ago for one of our H0 Canadian diesels, I believe they are Canadian National ditch lights! Lovely casting and look perfect on the bonnet.
The cab door handles are 0.45mm wire (as are all the handrails) but the difference being these have a flat surface filed on to them before fitting. At the front I used a small piece of corrugated plasticard and plastic rod to form a radiator before fitting the front grill. All that is left before priming is the rain strips over the windows which I hope to fit this week. The couplings have been left off so that I can add wasp stripes more easily to the buffer beams!

After the Dave Brewer challenge I will offer the updated 3D print and etch as a scratch-aid kit through Narrow Planet. More soon...

Comments