Couillet in 009: test print...

I'm not sure I've shared this on my blog before - but I felt that my La Meuse was a little lonely so needed some friends...

I am planning a pair of French locomotives - one steam and one diesel. The first of these is a sort of 'Couillet' on the Roco HF110. I intend to offer the etch and print as scratch aid items, but not a full kit as it won't be a perfect representation.
First up is the initial print for the cab and tanks - this is dimensionally accurate and a generally good fit. There are two small modifications needed - first I have put the valve gear cut out in the right place for the prototype, so it's in the wrong place for the Roco valve gear, and second I need to either replace the boiler, or to modify the chests that hide the cylinder steam pipes. I shall modify my own print manually, but will tweak the artwork incase anyone else ever wants one in the future. My intention was to accept the incorrect boiler profile for the firebox to make the conversion quite easy, but we'll see. More soon...

Comments