009 Feldbahn project: 2D and 3D...

Planning in both 2D and 3D is a good combination. As regular readers will gather I often use a sketchbook to jot down my ideas, but sometimes there is nothing like seeing the physical size of models in relation to one another...
So now a bit more on my feldbahn project. I am slowly developing a range of 4mm scale feldbahn products, and wanted a way of testing them as well as showcasing them on a decent model. The idea of using the flight case I have for Kistenfabrik sprung to mind so I got sketching and reckon I can fit a tight oval of track inside the box.
The layout will have a generic industrial building in the centre, with two sidings - one engine shed (see above, from a Wills garage - apologies for the cliche) and the second a generic unloading siding. As well as the lovely 3D printed skips (from Rick Mulder on Shapeways) I also will have some prototype EuroNG peat wagons (see bottom). The locos will be the EuroNG/Narrow Planet O&Ks and the LKM NS2 - along with a Deutz I've started work on as well.
The sketches show what I hope to achieve. I've plumped for N gauge set-track points - one modified so far is visible in the pictures above - these are right hand so the sketch and plan in the notebook is effectively reversed. The curved tracks will be done with a KB Scale rail bender and some prototype 'steel' sleepers I've had printed. Another future EuroNG product hopefully...
More soon...



I'm happy to announce the first item of EuroNG rolling stock! This is a steel bodied open wagon, modelled on no...

Comments

  1. I used N-gauge set-track points on a layout some years back, and regretted it. They have a huge plastic frog which causes serious pick-up problems, especially with 4 wheel locos, which is all you are likely to run on a layout like this. I'd wait for the new peco 009 set-track points, manage with larger radius, or try building my own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.