Quarry Hunslet in 009: running and soldering done...

It might not look like much more progress since I last posted about the Hunslet but it's a milestone as the boiler and cab are now soldered to the chassis...
As the boiler is white metal this was soldered with low melt solder with no drama. The cab was affixed in the same way. 
Under the frames the motor and belt we're fixed and tested and the model drives very smoothly. I plan to get the chassis frames primed and painted before I fit the cylinders and then test the motion in action.
It's shaping upto be a lovely little model! You might also spot the Penryhn slate wagon sneaking into shot... I must not build a quarry I must not build a quarry I must not build a quarry... More soon! 

Comments

  1. You might find it easier to fit the cylinders and then do the painting. Assuming you file down the nuts on the crossheads far enough you'll find that they will slide out of the slidebars so you can completely remove the motor bogie after you've got it working and then paint the frames and cylinders in one go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.