Quarry Hunslet in 009: lining...

The Quarry Hunslet is making slow but steady progress and in the last twenty four hours has begun to show signs of being finished in time for ExpoNG...
I mixed my own custom red/brown colour - it's a mix of gloss crimson, matt wine and some satin brown Humbrol enamels and applied it carefully by airbrush.
After I let this dry for a day or so I applied some lining transfers - this is the only side done so far, I like to leave them to dry before tackling the second side... The transfers are Fox 2mm N-gauge BR Mixed Traffic lining, with the creamy grey put on the outside, with the red on the inside edge.

Once the lining is finished I'll paint the smokebox, cab interior etc and then apply some Testors Dull-cote to seal the finish before some weathering... I'm not sure it'll be named by ExpoNG - I'm pondering on just calling it No.3 or something similar, need to look at my pseudo stock list to work out what number is available... More soon...

Comments