Creech Grange in 006.5: basic trackwork...

It's been a little while, and considering how simple the track plan is, and the baseboard is just a sheet of 12mm ply, I've no excuses other than life...
However, I'm pleased to say the board is now cut to size, painted and sealed, and the Busch feldbahn H0f 6.5mm track is glued down. I have soldered the fishplates on the toe of the point, and some places on the curves, where these wanted to spring open a little. The track is then just superglued at the edges of the sleepers. This means it can be removed without damage by sliding a blade under the track, but it's secure and hold whilst the white glue sets the ballast later in the build process.
I found a piece of old P4 track I had, steel rail bullhead on Exactoscale 'fast-track' bases. This was cut to fit and superglued down. It's main purpose is to show how tiny these little engines are, as most of us can picture standard gauge track in real life, and it's particularly effective for that purpose when viewed from a low angle...
I couldn't resist posing my Hunslet with Deptford wagons and small brake van, along with a few scenic items. The hut is from the early 1990s, my Dad built and painted it. The land-rover was from a kind fellow modeller on NGRM. The container I think is a Triang example and belonged to one of my Uncles, I guess in the 1960s? Next up wiring followed by a little ground building up, and a platform edge, then track painting, and full scenic work can begin. It might be ready to bring along to ExpoNG in October - if I get there... More soon...

Comments