Dalmunzie coach in 7/8ths...

When I started in 7/8ths I wasn't sure where to start and one of the items I acquired was this resin wagon from Swift Sixteen. It's described as a 'large flat', in reality it's one of the items from the former 7/8ths range that are now still available in the 16mm SM32 range...

It turned out to be a lot larger than the Model Earth wagons I also sourced so I thought I'd use it to build a 7/8ths version of the Motor Rail estate railway coach I'd already scratch built in 006.5 (here and here).

Of course in this large scale I could incorporate the tram style seats in a working format! This has meant some deft work in brass with a soldering iron. I'm more an artist than engineer these days, and trying to fabricate four identical seat ends proved quite taxing, so I gave up on them being perfect, and they are all distinctly different - but together they look good.
They are just various elements of brass rod and section soldered up to a small bolt and nut with some washers... pretty simple. I've actually managed to get all of these together now, so will share another update soon.
More soon...

Comments