The Dyfrdwy Tramway: ground breaking...

My adventure in 7/8ths scale has taken a step outdoors this week with the delivery of 12 yards of Peco SM32 track and some good weather...
I don't have a firm plan on what I hope to achieve, which may end up causing me a problem, but at the moment the idea is a relatively short single track line, using small internal combustion engines, where I aim for a high level of realism and scenic finish with hand made real stone buildings, slate slab fencing, real ballasting etc.
The first section starts at the back door and is a gentle S-curve to minimise the gradient to the current summit, from where the line will stop, or head out across the main lawn - which will require some further negotiation! The track bed is dug out and I laid some track to get the Simplex and a few wagons out for testing in the spring sunshine. Lots of promise already, I'm very excited about having something to tinker with over the summer.
I need to add a good firm stone base before I lay the track, and come up with some way of pinning the track without deep foundations as the ground here is strewn with rocks and very difficult to dig up!
More soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.