Wasp ready for primer...

Well after about 3 weeks on the workbench she's ready for painting...

There is still quite a lot of work to do yet - as I've not started on the interior detailing but I'm really really happy with how it's turned out so far - the Worsley Works kit has responded very well to gentle fettling and extra detail. More than that though, I've really found my 'small scale' mojo again and have loved every minute.

The roof gap has been filled and sanded with Milliput, and I've used plastic 1mmx1mm L shape extrusion across the top of the doors - both making a massive visual impact to the look of the finished model, very typical of the prototype. I've used sprue off cuts to model the headlights and vent on the flat panel on the roof - which I hope will look ok when painted.


I'm particularly pleased with the wipers - these are 0.45mm brass rod for the arms, as I mentioned in my last post. Back then you couldn't see the effect of filing a flat on them had visually though, to my eye it's a great impression combined with the finer, round section 0.3mm rod used for the blade. They're modelled in a variety of positions based on prototype photos where they never are symmetrical!

The next stage is a coat of Halfords 'plastic primer' - I find this fine straight onto brass as long as you burnish it lightly and degrease first. Then painting of the body and chassis before I can add the interior - which will be some control panels to the cabs, engine cover (in blue) behind the radiator and some benching along each side. Hopefully I can get it pretty finished before I'm tempted to start on the Schoema IOM diesel when that arrives...

Comments